Oct 20, 2014

Spooky Wreath DIY

Hello tricksters, I'm excited for Halloween and in preparation I made a spooky wreath to welcome trick or treaters! I was inspired by the haunted mansion when I found the dapper skeleton plaque and decided to make it seem like it's been sitting in someone attic getting taken over by webs and random pests. This project cost less then $20 to make.
 I was a little tight for money when I went supply shopping so I tried to be economical. My supplies were bought at Michaels (sale items), Walmart, Big Lots, and the Dollar Tree.
  • "Creepy cloth" (Dollar Tree) $1
  • Spider web (Dollar Tree) $1
  • Purple spiders (Dollar Tree) $1
  • Orange decorative mesh (Walmart) $6
  • Wire wreath (Walmart) $3
  • Skeleton plaque (big lots) $4
  • Mini skulls (Michaels) $1
  • Green glitter spider (Michaels) $1
  • Sparkly raven (Michaels) $1.50
  • I already had the dmc thread, hot glue gun and glue sticks 
  • I ended up not using the Tacky glue, pipe cleaners of burlap leaves and pumpkins

I started off by a sewing the mesh around part of the wreath to anchor it and then wrapping it all the way around , overlapping it each time so you wouldn't see the wire underneath, and sewing it in place at the end.
I centered skeleton plaque and hot glued it in place and sewed it into the mesh to reinforce it. 
I wrapped the "creepy cloth" around the wreath and behind the plaque, I pulled my fingers through the cloth a couple times beforehand to give it that ragged effect which Fuzzy took as an invitation to play and tried to steal the cloth from me
I took a small piece of the spider web, there was a ton, and stretched it around the wreath without covering the skeletons face.
I hot glued on the little spider and one of the big spiders, two little skulls and hid them a little cause i thought it would be creepier (well, as creepy as you can get with sparkly spiders). I attached the raven on top (which took way more glue then I thought) and wrapped some spider web around the bottom to look like a nest (and to hide the glob of hot glue holding the bird :)
Ta-Da! A spooky wreath to beckon trick or treaters'.








2 comments

  1. Need summore thots, ideers, wirdz or ironclad iconoclasms? Look no firdr...

    VERBUM SAT SAPIENTI: As an ex-writer of the sassy, savvy, schizophenia we all go through in this lifelong demise, I just wanna help U.S. git past the whorizontal more!ass! we're in (Latin: words to [the] wise)...

    "This finite existence is only a test, son," God Almighty told me in my coma. "Far beyond thy earthly tempest is where you'll find corpulent eloquence" (paraphrased). Lemme tella youse without d'New Joisey accent...

    I actually saw Seventh-Heaven when we died: you couldn't GET any moe curly, party-hardy-endorphins, extravagantly-surplus-lush Upstairs when my beautifull, brilliant, bombastic girl passed-away due to those wry, sardonic satires.

    "Those who are wise will shine as brightly as the expanse of the Heavens, and those who have instructed many in uprightousness as bright as stars for all eternity" -Daniel 12:3

    Here's also what the prolific, exquisite GODy sed: 'the more you shall honor Me, the more I shall bless you' -the Infant Jesus of Prague.

    Go git'm, girl. You're incredible. See you Upstairs. I won't be joining'm in the nasty Abyss where Isis prowls
    thesuperseedoftime.blogspot.com
    -YOUTHwitheTRUTH
    -------------------------------
    PS Need gobba summore unique names, too? Lemme gonna gitcha started, brudda:

    Oak Woods, Franky Sparks, Athena Noble, Autumn Rose, Faith Bishop, Dolly Martin, Willow Rhodes, Cocoa Major, Roman Stone, Bullwark Burnhart, Magnus Wilde, Kardiak Arrest, Will Wright, Goldy Silvers, Penelope Summers, Sophie Sharp, Violet Snow, Lizzy Roach, BoxxaRoxx, Aunty Dotey, Romero Stark, Zacharia Neptoon, Mercurio Morrissey, Fritz & Felix Franz, Victor Payne, Isabella Silverstein, Mercedes Kennedy, Redding Rust, Martini Phoenix, Ivy Squire, Sauer Wolf, Yankee Cooky, b9...

    God blessa youse
    -Fr. Sarducci, ol SNL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need summore thots, ideers, wirdz or ironclad iconoclasms? Look no firdr...

    VERBUM SAT SAPIENTI: As an ex-writer of the sassy, savvy, schizophenia we all go through in this lifelong demise, I just wanna help U.S. git past the whorizontal more!ass! we're in (Latin: words to [the] wise)...

    "This finite existence is only a test, son," God Almighty told me in my coma. "Far beyond thy earthly tempest is where you'll find corpulent eloquence" (paraphrased). Lemme tella youse without d'New Joisey accent...

    I actually saw Seventh-Heaven when we died: you couldn't GET any moe curly, party-hardy-endorphins, extravagantly-surplus-lush Upstairs when my beautifull, brilliant, bombastic girl passed-away due to those wry, sardonic satires.

    "Those who are wise will shine as brightly as the expanse of the Heavens, and those who have instructed many in uprightousness as bright as stars for all eternity" -Daniel 12:3

    Here's also what the prolific, exquisite GODy sed: 'the more you shall honor Me, the more I shall bless you' -the Infant Jesus of Prague.

    Go git'm, girl. You're incredible. See you Upstairs. I won't be joining'm in the nasty Abyss where Isis prowls
    thesuperseedoftime.blogspot.com
    -YOUTHwitheTRUTH
    -------------------------------
    PS Need gobba summore unique names, too? Lemme gonna gitcha started, brudda:

    Oak Woods, Franky Sparks, Athena Noble, Autumn Rose, Faith Bishop, Dolly Martin, Willow Rhodes, Cocoa Major, Roman Stone, Bullwark Burnhart, Magnus Wilde, Kardiak Arrest, Will Wright, Goldy Silvers, Penelope Summers, Sophie Sharp, Violet Snow, Lizzy Roach, BoxxaRoxx, Aunty Dotey, Romero Stark, Zacharia Neptoon, Mercurio Morrissey, Fritz & Felix Franz, Victor Payne, Isabella Silverstein, Mercedes Kennedy, Redding Rust, Martini Phoenix, Ivy Squire, Sauer Wolf, Yankee Cooky, b9...

    God blessa youse
    -Fr. Sarducci, ol SNL

    ReplyDelete