Saturday, April 20, 2013

Master of Procrastination: Can work be fun?

Have you ever really loved something, like crafts or art, that's always been something you enjoyed and then the second that it starts being work in your mind you avoid it like the plague? I don't want to complain because I know plenty of people my age who don't have the option of following their dream full time and have to trudge endlessly through part time jobs. I also know plenty of crafty people through Etsy and craft fairs who seem to love their art related job and live for it. So i want to know what exactly is the secret to being really happy making something you love into work? It sounds like a stupid question because that would seem like an ideal situation, but is it possible to lose all interest when what you loved becomes a chore? Either it's a real problem or I'm just a major procrastinator, I seem to find new and interesting ways to waste time.

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand what you're saying! I'm getting ready for my first craft show... so I'm absolutely hating every second of sewing. Its usually something I love to do to relax... but not now that I "have" to, lol.

    ReplyDelete