Apr 2, 2013

In Search of Artistic Style


I've been wandering a little bit since making the decision to switch my focus to art instead of plushies. Now all my focus Isn't dedicated to making my plushies sell, so I've been a ghost on Facebook and Pinterest (and my blog). I've been working since new years to try and find my "Artistic style" which is not as easy as I thought it would be. I thought I knew what I liked and what I wanted to do as an artist but I'm finding I'm not in love with my simple drawings I want to draw cartoons, people, and scenery. I felt kind of stupid admitting it but my art skills aren't great despite the fact that I've made a definite decision to devote all my time and effort to this. I don't know if other people start out being sub-par artists with a goal of getting better while trying to make it a career but that's my route. It doesn't seem like the most practical choice but I really couldn't see myself in any other career or lifestyle. So I'm basically sitting around having a quarter-life crisis.

No comments

Post a Comment